My name is Kane O'Neill and I currently am a Student at Champlain College. I am from Vermont and aspire to work in sports broadcasting, hopefully at ESPN. I played three sports every ye
ar throughout highschool, though injuries slowed me down; dislocated elbow and shoulder along with a blown out knee. These help me to get another prospective of sports other than just from the field. I feel this could help me later on in my professional career. Hopefully sports broadcasting on television will still be around and not just through the web.
ar throughout highschool, though injuries slowed me down; dislocated elbow and shoulder along with a blown out knee. These help me to get another prospective of sports other than just from the field. I feel this could help me later on in my professional career. Hopefully sports broadcasting on television will still be around and not just through the web.2. One important concept I learned was about the breakoff from tradition and embracing progress. Modern newspapers started doing "just the facts" and events that happened yesterday, which made it easier for writers to meet deadlines. However, it took away from the story by providing a historical perspectivie and anazlyzing the event in more depth.
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-injuries-cause
The second concept that I found interesting was the main reason for the creation for e-mail. This was created to military personnel to communicate better with reaserchers involved in AR
PAnet(Advanced research Projects Agency.) The creator, Ray Tomlinson, developed the software to send electronic mail messages to any computer on ARPAnet.
PAnet(Advanced research Projects Agency.) The creator, Ray Tomlinson, developed the software to send electronic mail messages to any computer on ARPAnet.The third concept I found interesting was the first attempt at sound recording. French printer Edouard-Leon Scott de Martinville used a hog's hair bristle as a need and tied one end to a thin membrane streched over the narrow part of the funnel. When he spoke into the funnel, the membrane vibrated and the free end of the bristle made grooves on the revolving cylinde
r coated with "lamp black." Without this first finding and development of Edouard we never would have been able to go on to discover the sound recording we have today.
r coated with "lamp black." Without this first finding and development of Edouard we never would have been able to go on to discover the sound recording we have today.The last concept I found was the development of the transistor. Transistors were able to recieve and amplify radio signals. This allowed radio to do what television couldn't. Radios could now go to the beach, the bathroom, bedrooms, offices and everywhere in between. By 1960 most radio listening was done outside the home, which is astonishing.
3. My relationship with technology and media. In my life I have seen a great deal of the technological shift. It seems as if everything is going from paper and print, such as newspapers and books, to the internet. No longer can people sit down by the fire with a book, but rather would sit with a glowing Kindle. Heres to hoping the newspaper business can continue.
Another I have seen a lot of is the use of testimonial. Commercials seem to try to get the biggest athelete they can to say they use their product. I won't lie, some of these commercials about athletes using specific sporting gear made me get those products.
One production technique that has become very big is the use of a sound-synthesizer in the music industry. I don't like it but many others people seem to. They think the people sound cool and the music has a cool beat. I feel it doesn't show of someones music talent to change your voice to sound like your a robot.
One really bothersome thing I have run into a the movies has been advertising. No longer do I get movie previews before the movie i paid to see. Rather I have to watch the commercials that I could watch at home. I feel this greatly takes away from the movie going experience and isn't just as fun to watch.

4. One question I have about media is this; Will the newspaper ever be able to recover or will the newspaper industry be forced into going online?
1 comment:
Welcome to the Web 2.0 blogosphere, Kane.
You've been busy - I am impressed with your sports-related blogging to date.
Excellent work!
I look forward to reading more.
Dr. W
Post a Comment