
Recently I went to see the movie Zombieland. It looked like it would be kinda funny, but I didn't have huge expectations. However, I was very surprised with what I saw. You became connected with the characters and I felt the movie was really funny. My friends both agreed, one thought it was an incredible movie while another thought it was pretty good. Most zombie movies I feel are dumb and just a gore fest, but this movie combined awesome scenes through production techniques and of course the key element to enjoying this movie, humor.
Humor is what made this movie what it is. I was laughing throughout, rather than just at certain points like in some movies. It revised a rather "dead" genre in the zombie movie category and made a really well done production. Some other techniques that were included was the use of music, triggering the limbic brain and using testimonial by including a famous celebrity, which I will not give the name of for fear of giving to much away. Another technique used throughout was timing, through when certain music hit to give emphasis on scenes and shooting to quick scenes, such as zombie kill of the week.
Obviously critics agreed because this movie was given an 88% on the website rottentomatoes. According to our textbooks, "With climbing film costs, creating revenue from a movie is a formidable task. Studios make money on movies from six majour sources. First, the studios get a portion of the theater box-office revenue-about 40 percent of the box office take. Overall, box-office receipts provide studios with approximately 20 percent of a movie's domestic revenue." Zombieland did well at the box office, grossing close to $61 million. Overall I feel this is the best zombie movie to date, due to it use of humor which made the movie what it is and would recommend to anyone.
1 comment:
OK, Kane O,
Your review made me want to see this film.
That's a rave.
A fine first MM, brother!
W
Post a Comment