One relatively unknown event that some may know about and others may not care about is the Mr. Olympia competition, the contest for the best bodybuilder in the world. This 3 days event takes place this year from September 15-18. Now while some may not care and think it's disgusting, we all should be amazed at what these people have done. We can appreciate the hours in the gym, hours concentrating on meals. This is the one sporting event that takes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Some will blame steroids, but taking steroids does nothing without proper training, diet, form, etc. I started weightlifting because of injuries in highschool sports and an Arnold Schwarzenegger Enclyclopedia of Bodybuilding was my exercise guide. I fell in love with weightlifting and trying to build my body up to be stronger and avoid injuries but also for health and to look good. Would I look like Arnold, no. But I could still build a physique I was proud of. Now while the men at this years competition may not be quite what Arnold Schwarzenegger was(they are much bigger now) and relateable in size to what a man could strive to be, it's still an event that should none the less be given credit for the hard work put in. Check it out free on Bodybuilding.com
No comments:
Post a Comment