Over the summer my friend and I went to a rock concert at Meadowbrook. It was pretty exciting, seeing all of the people walking in, getting pumped up for the music. The only concert I had been to prior this was a Toby Keith and Rascall Flatts concert, so I expected this to be a little bit more exciting. And did it come through.
The show consisted of four bands, Halestorm (which I hadn't heard of before that day), Chevelle(barely knew), Shinedown and Staind. I was most excited to see the two big bands, and who wouldn't be. The first two bands got the crowd warmed up and I was impressed. I learned a lot of new songs and thought they performed well. The drummer seemed the most entertaining in these two performances, putting on a show in the background. It was funny.
As everyone does at a concert, my friend and I looked for the best seats. We were in the middle section of seats but a little far back. We moved over to the left and the right, moving up slowly until Shinedown was about to perform. At Meadowbrook their is a section in the middle of the seats where the sound booth is. No one was sitting in a row right next to it, so my friend and I went in and were now dead center right next to the sound booth. In the image below we were on the right of the sound booth in E. We started out above the booth in E towards Club Seating.

Then the lights went down and the music started and Shinedown came on stage. They put on a great show, with the lead singer going out into the aisles, people following him and having security take others away. (There was a Harpoon Brewery Booth there, what do you expect) The music was great with their new and classic hits and I thought there was no way Staind could outperform them. They did.
Staind's music hit a little harder and really got the crowd excited. Still being in the seats that weren't our originals, some people moved into the row and the guy next to me said that his friend couldn't make the concert so my friend and I won out and got em'. We laughed and said his friend missed out, he laughed and agreed. Staind exited the stage and then the encore started, but not what you'd expect. Staind's lead singer came out to the crowd and walked into the sound booth! He was right next to me. The sound booth set up a little stage in their and he played a few songs. It was so awesome.
The book talks about the top 40 and how DJ's would play the best selling songs of the day. When I got here and told my roommates I had been to this concert they weren't sure who some of the bands were. I played some of their songs that are played all the time on the radio and they both nodded and said "Oh yeah, okay." Shows how much we hear songs but never really dig or care to see who performs them. Mostly because they're overplayed.
Overall it was an awesome concert. I enjoyed getting the best seats, singin to the songs I've heard for so long and getting an awesome show. If they come to your town, don't miss out.
http://www.staind.com/
http://www.shinedown.com/
The show consisted of four bands, Halestorm (which I hadn't heard of before that day), Chevelle(barely knew), Shinedown and Staind. I was most excited to see the two big bands, and who wouldn't be. The first two bands got the crowd warmed up and I was impressed. I learned a lot of new songs and thought they performed well. The drummer seemed the most entertaining in these two performances, putting on a show in the background. It was funny.
As everyone does at a concert, my friend and I looked for the best seats. We were in the middle section of seats but a little far back. We moved over to the left and the right, moving up slowly until Shinedown was about to perform. At Meadowbrook their is a section in the middle of the seats where the sound booth is. No one was sitting in a row right next to it, so my friend and I went in and were now dead center right next to the sound booth. In the image below we were on the right of the sound booth in E. We started out above the booth in E towards Club Seating.

Then the lights went down and the music started and Shinedown came on stage. They put on a great show, with the lead singer going out into the aisles, people following him and having security take others away. (There was a Harpoon Brewery Booth there, what do you expect) The music was great with their new and classic hits and I thought there was no way Staind could outperform them. They did.
Staind's music hit a little harder and really got the crowd excited. Still being in the seats that weren't our originals, some people moved into the row and the guy next to me said that his friend couldn't make the concert so my friend and I won out and got em'. We laughed and said his friend missed out, he laughed and agreed. Staind exited the stage and then the encore started, but not what you'd expect. Staind's lead singer came out to the crowd and walked into the sound booth! He was right next to me. The sound booth set up a little stage in their and he played a few songs. It was so awesome.
The book talks about the top 40 and how DJ's would play the best selling songs of the day. When I got here and told my roommates I had been to this concert they weren't sure who some of the bands were. I played some of their songs that are played all the time on the radio and they both nodded and said "Oh yeah, okay." Shows how much we hear songs but never really dig or care to see who performs them. Mostly because they're overplayed.
Overall it was an awesome concert. I enjoyed getting the best seats, singin to the songs I've heard for so long and getting an awesome show. If they come to your town, don't miss out.
http://www.staind.com/
http://www.shinedown.com/
1 comment:
This is an EXCELLENT meditation on your concert experience, Kane.
My one suggestion - don't leave those 2 https dangling out there at the end - embed them in actual text, cool?
Shine on.
Dr. W
Post a Comment