Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Football

Now that Thanksgiving has come to pass, I took a look back at some of the games. Detroit and Dallas have been regulars, hosting games on Thanksgiving day for years, and it has been tradition to watch them play. However, there have been some discussions on whether it should always be Dallas and Detroit playing or if they should beginning spreading it around and allowing other teams to play. Every year it has been Dallas vs. an opponent, Detroit vs. an opponent, and a third game between two other teams. Now they want to take the game away from Detroit and Dallas and end a tradition. I for one am against. Even though I am not a Dallas or Detroit fan (Pats all the way) I feel this tradition should not be broken and these two teams should continue playing. Thanksgiving has always been considered to be good food and watching America's team, the Cowboys. If they took this away it would cause an uproar in Texas and there would just be to much controversy and complaining. I don't see this happening and sure as heck hope that the tradition remains the same and these teams will continue playing for decades to come.

No comments: